Fudgy Chip and Mint Ice Cream Brownie Birthday Treat
If you can bake brownies from a box and let ice cream melt, you can make this special treat. Along with tall chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, chip and mint brownie ice cream dessert has been my son’s favorite birthday treat for at least 10 years.
When he turned 16, he asked me to make both for his party, And I did. But I forgot to serve the ice cream dessert. Life of a mom, right?
There could hardly be an easier delicious dessert that everyone loves for a birthday party. Drenching slices with warm hot fudge is the BEST part.
It’s easiest to spread the ice cream on top of the brownies right in the pan they were baked in. I don’t know why, but the last time I made it, I layered brownies and ice cream in a loaf pan. One time, I created way too much work for myself by making them in a mini cheesecake pan.
If you like the flavor combo of mint and chocolate, Andes Mint cheesecake is also a good choice.
Happy birthday wishes,
Chip and Mint Brownie Ice Cream Dessert
- box brownie mix for 9×13 pan, plus ingredients to make it
- ½ gallon chip and mint ice cream
- hot fudge
- whipped cream
- Andes Mint pieces, optional
- Bake brownies in 9×13 pan. Cool completely.
- Drop scoops of ice cream onto brownies. Let sit just until you can spread the ice cream over the brownies. Cover and put in freezer at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, let soften slightly. Cut into pieces. Top with warm hot fudge and a dollop of whipped cream. Sprinkle with Andes Mints.
All text and images © Staci Mergenthal • Random Sweets