My recipe for marshmallow creme crunch brownies came from my kids’ former stepmom. She brought these treats to a holiday gathering and I asked her to share the recipe. Luckily she did because they have become a favorite in our family and a food day favorite at work. (Which helps me defend my title as Best Food Day Chef within the Personnel department.)
Update: Five years later I made these even better by using Golden Grahams cereal in place of the crispy rice cereal. Get the recipe for marshmallow creme graham brownies.
Do you bake a similar version of this recipe? I’ve also seen it with marshmallows instead of the marshmallow creme, like these from Brown Eyed Baker.
Marshmallow Creme Crunch Brownies
- 1 9×13 pan
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature , 2 sticks
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- 4 eggs, large, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 7 oz marshmallow creme
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 9×13 pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter. Add sugar and beat on medium-high until well combined, about 3 minutes. Beat in cocoa.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, and salt.
- Gradually add flour, slowly beating just until combined.
- Spread in 9×13 well-greased pan or a pan lined with baking paper. Bake for 25-28 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
- Spread marshmallow creme onto cooled brownies.
- Melt peanut butter and chocolate chips together over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in cereal. Spread over marshmallow creme layer.
- Chill before serving. Store in refrigerator. Serve at room temperature.
All text and images © Staci Mergenthal • Random Sweets