I Can’t Bake at 350, No-bake S’mores Bars
No-bake goodies are a hit in the summer when we don’t want our ovens to heat up the house. Like these S’mores bars. But now it’s fall and kitchens everywhere are heating up with warm nutmeg, spicy ginger, and creamy pumpkin sweets.
Except at my house. My oven is broken. So, to prevent myself from going into a serious I-can’t-bake-depression, I’m flipping through my recipe box for recipes that will satisfy my need to preheat to 350°. Gooey, chocolatey no-bake S’mores bars do the trick.
The key to making S’mores bars taste like the real campfire deal is to use classic HERSHEY’S milk chocolate candy bars.
See more of my no-bake recipes.
No-bake S’mores Bars
- 1 9×13 cake pan
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 8.8 oz HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate candy bars, divided
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 9 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows, plus a handful to sprinkle on top if desired
- Grease a 9×13 pan or line with parchment paper.
- Put Golden Grahams in a large bowl.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt together the corn syrup, butter, milk chocolate chips, and 1 HERSHEY’S candy bar.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour into the bowl over the cereal. Toss until coated.
- Fold in the marshmallows. Chop the other HERSHEY’S candy bar and fold into the cereal mixture.
- Dump mixture into the pan and press evenly with the back of a large metal spoon sprayed with cooking spray. Toss a handful of mini marshmallows on the top and tap down so they stick. If you have a kitchen torch, lightly toast the marshmallows.
All text and images © Staci Mergenthal • Random Sweets
Youy have just given me a lovely excuse to buy Golden Grahams. Yesssss!
It’s one of our favorite cereals around here – I was surprised to find an unopened box!
These look marvelous!
Thanks! They are also almost GONE. 🙂