What do you get when you mix a bag of pretzels and peanuts with melted almond bark? Well, that depends on which color of M&M’s and sprinkles you use. Because it’s spring and Easter weekend, let’s go all out pastels to make spring pastel pretzel snack mix!
The mix is a simple combination of pretzels, dry roasted peanuts, M&M’s, sprinkles, and melted almond bark. The kids and Easter Bunny will devour it faster than you can vacuum the trails of Easter basket grass strewn across the house.
Enlist your kids to pick out the sprinkles and pastel M&M’s chocolate eggs. They can also help in the kitchen by lining the pan with wax paper, opening the packages and dumping them into the bowl, and stirring the mix with the melted almond bark.
A batch is large enough for your family to enjoy plus share with family, friends and neighbors. I bought these cute paper cups from HomeGoods. It seems like they have seasonal ones all year long. The Wilton clear treat bags are from Walmart in the candy-making section.
One thing I learned when making this batch of spring pastel pretzel snack mix is that the sprinkles need to be mixed in with everything else when the melted almond bark is stirred in. It seems like a no-brainer, I know, but I was thinking they’d get too covered up to see them. But when I immediately sprinkled them on the snack mix once it was in the pan, it was too late for them to stick. So I have a pile of wasted sprinkles.
Of course you can make this snack mix to your liking by mixing in different ingredients. Other kinds of pastel candies would be fun, like Whoppers Malted Milk Ball Candy Robin Eggs.
Want more spring treat ideas? Watch Hop Into Spring Treats for Every-bunny on KELOLAND Living.
I bought a few bags of the M&M’s Chocolate Eggs so I’m going to use them in monster cookie bars today. I also bought some of the Whoppers malted milk eggs so I can make malted milk cookies with them. I’ll share the recipe once I figure it out. Happy Easter!
Sweet pastel wishes,
Spring Pastel Pretzel Snack Mix
- wax paper
- 15 ounce bag small pretzels
- 10 ounce bag candy coated chocolate candy eggs in pastel colors, M&M's
- 1 cup dry roasted and salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons pastel sprinkles
- 24 ounces almond bark
- Line a large baking sheet or a tray with wax paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the pretzels, M&M's chocolate eggs, peanuts and sprinkles.
- Melt the almond bark in a medium saucepan over low heat. (Or melt in the microwave.)
- Pour melted almond bark into bowl of pretzels. Stir until evenly coated. Spread the mixture onto the wax paper and let cool to room temperature. Break into snack pieces. Store mix in an airtight container.
All text and images © Staci Mergenthal • Random Sweets