Gone are the days when you have to run to the store when you’re hungry for a Snickers®. Eat one of these ooey, gooey chocolate caramel nutty treats and you may never again rip open a candy bar wrapper.
You probably already have most of the ingredients to make these.
The easiest way to cut these into bars is to line your pan with non-stick foil or parchment paper first. (Pay no attention to the apples and bananas hanging out in the background—they really have no business being here.)
Start by shaping your foil over the upside down 9 x 13 pan and then insert it into your pan. Make sure the non-stick side is facing up when you have it inserted in the pan.
For the first layer, melt milk chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and chunky peanut butter together.
When you first pour the melted mixture into the pan, it may seem like it’s not enough.
But it is just enough to cover the bottom of your pan. Set the pan in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to cool and set.
For the second layer, combine the sugar, milk and butter in a small saucepan and boil 5 minutes.
Add the peanut butter, marshmallow cream and vanilla to the boiled mixture. Stir until smooth.
Spread the marshmallow cream mixture onto the cooled chocolate layer
Cover the sticky marshmallow layer with dry roasted peanuts.
Melt the caramels and pour over the peanuts.
Repeat the first layer and spread over the caramel and peanuts. Cool completely.
Cut into small bars.
No-bake Snickers Candy Bars
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips, divided
- ½ cup butterscotch chips, divided
- ¾ cup crunchy peanut butter, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1½ cups marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 12 oz caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- Line 9 x 13-inch pan with non-stick foil or parchment paper. In a small saucepan, melt 1 cup milk chocolate chips, 1/4 cup butterscotch chips and 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter together. Spread in pan and cool in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup milk and 1/4 cup butter. Boil 5 minutes. Add 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter, 1-1/2 cups marshmallow cream and 1 tsp vanilla. Stir until smooth. Spread over cooled bottom layer. Sprinkle 2 cups dry roasted peanuts over marshmallow layer.
- Melt caramels and 2 tablespoons of hot water together. Drizzle the melted caramel over the peanuts.
- Repeat bottom layer and spread over caramel layer. Let set for about 30 minutes. Using a regular fork, lightly drag and zigzag up and down the bars to make a fun pattern in the chocolate.
- Cool completely at room temperature. Lift bars out of pan and peel off paper or foil. Cut into bars on a cutting board with a chef’s knife. These are best if stored in the refrigerator.
All text and images © Staci Mergenthal • Random Sweets