It’s a question we ask before almost every family get-together. Between my sisters, my mom, and me, one of us makes an abundant batch (with the hopes of leftovers) of our family’s thick and velvety taco dip made with Velveeta, cream cheese, chili with no beans and hamburger.
Remember to grab a couple of bags of your favorite tortilla chips. If you need another hot dip to go with it, fiesta bean dip complements it nicely.
- 2 lb ground sirloin or ground beef
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 2 lb Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes, (32-ounce box)
- 8 oz cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 20 oz chili with no beans, 2 (10 oz each) cans
- Cook ground sirloin with onion flakes until cooked thoroughly.
- Into the saucepan over low heat, add the Velveeta and cream cheese to the beef and melt together. Stir in the chili until thoroughly mixed and melty. (Or, melt everything together in a large crockpot.)
- Serve hot with tortilla chips. Place in a crockpot if not serving immediately.
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
All text and images © Staci Mergenthal • Random Sweets