Who’s Making The Taco Dip?
It’s a question we ask before almost every family get-together. Between my sisters, my mom, and me, one of us makes an abundant batch (with the hopes of leftovers) of our family’s thick and velvety taco dip made with Velveeta, cream cheese, chili with no beans and hamburger.
Remember to grab a couple of bags of your favorite tortilla chips. If you need another hot dip to go with it, fiesta bean dip complements it nicely.
Adding cream cheese to Velveeta and chili makes a thick and tasty dip for your tortilla chips.
- 2 lb ground sirloin or ground beef
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 2 lb Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes, (32-ounce box)
- 8 oz cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 20 oz chili with no beans, 2 (10 oz each) cans
- Cook ground sirloin with onion flakes until cooked thoroughly.
- Into the saucepan over low heat, add the Velveeta and cream cheese to the beef and melt together. Stir in the chili until thoroughly mixed and melty. (Or, melt everything together in a large crockpot.)
- Serve hot with tortilla chips. Place in a crockpot if not serving immediately.
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Calories: 243kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 21gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.3gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0.4gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 977mgPotassium: 429mgFiber: 1gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 547IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 321mgIron: 2mg
All text and images © Staci Mergenthal • Random Sweets
Tried this recipe?Mention @RandomSweets and tag #OurSweetMidwestLife
Hi there! I just nominated you for a Liebster Award! This is a meet and greet kind of thing for bloggers and a little acknowledgment of some of my favorite blogs. If you would like to participate just visit my blog for instructions. Thanks for all your great posts!
I mean “dip”
To save time (and effort!) I just dump all of it in a crock pot and stir it accasionally as it melts. Now I’m hungry for some did….thanks, Staci 😉