Eat a Super Big Bowl of Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip While Watching the Football Game
(Posted in 2020) I was thinking this week about how many NFL attorneys are busy scouring the Internet, television, social media, newspaper ads, and church bulletins seeking out entities which violate Nominative Fair Use of NFL, Super Bowl, and Super Sunday trademarks and copyrights. All that scouring made me hungry for Buffalo ranch chicken dip.
You and I don’t have to refer to it as the Big Game. We’re allowed to have a Super Bowl party. We just can’t charge admission and we can’t do a mass-viewing party on a screen a millimeter larger than 55 inches.
So, I’m making our favorite buffalo chicken dip. Shredded chicken, cream cheese, Monterey and Colby-jack cheese, ranch, and hot buffalo wing sauce are the only ingredients you need to make a dip that becomes addictive. No blue cheese here. We don’t like it.
If I share my recipe for buffalo chicken dip with you and tell you I’m making it to eat while we watch the Super Bowl on Sunday in Miami, I won’t be infringing on NFL trademarks.
Since it will be a late night, you should plan ahead for breakfast on Monday. Be sure to have everything you need to bake Ham and Cheese Stuff’n Puff. Of course, a batch of butterscotch cinnamon chip muffins won’t hurt when you call in sick to work.
May your team win the big game and may your bowl of dip be empty. And may you not receive a cease and desist letter for using social media to invite all your friends to your annual Super Bowl bash.
If you like your Buffalo dip with blue cheese, try this recipe from I Am Baker https://iambaker.net/skillet-buffalo-chicken-dip/.
Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip
- 16 oz cream cheese, 2 (8oz) packages
- 12 oz Buffalo wing sauce
- 1 cup prepared ranch salad dressing
- 8 oz Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 oz Colby-Jack cheese
- 1½ cups shredded rotisserie chicken, fully cooked
- crackers and tortilla chips for serving
- In a large pan over low heat, slowly melt the cream cheese, stirring until creamy and melty. Keep in pan on low heat.
- In a bowl, stir together the wing sauce and the ranch dressing. Add to the melted cream cheese and stir until everything is melted together well.
- Add the shredded cheeses to the pan and stir with a wooden spoon until the cheese is melted and the dip is well combined.
- Toss in the shredded chicken and stir.
- Serve hot or cold. Store in airtight container in refrigerator up to four days.
All text and images © Staci Mergenthal • Random Sweets