When summer saunters into fall, my sister Kalli is one of the first people in line for a pumpkin latte. And while pumpkin reigns as the season’s flavor royalty, gingerbread lingers nigh as we wait to shepherd in winter with a fluffy blanket of snow.
In comes the gingerbread latte and an even longer line. So put down that thermos and get out of line. Grab a fork and let the cozy flavors of molasses, gingerbread, and coffee percolate your holiday senses.
If you also want to skip the pumpkin latte line, enjoy one of my all-time favorites, KAHLÚA Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake.
Gingerbread KAHLÚA Cheesecake
- 1 9-inch springform pan
- 1 cup gingersnap cookie crumbs
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 32 oz cream cheese, 4 (8oz each) packages, softened to room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- ¼ cup unsulfured molasses
- ½ cup KAHLÚA coffee liquor, or any coffee-flavored liquor, OR 1 tablespoon coffee extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, combine gingersnap crumbs and graham cracker crumbs with powdered sugar and melted butter. Toss to combine.
- Press crumbs evenly onto bottom of greased 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a tiny bowl combine salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Set aside.
- In a mixer bowl, beat room temperature cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually add both sugars and vanilla and beat until light.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, being careful not to overbeat.
- Stir in molasses and KAHLÚA. Slowly beat just until combined.
- Sprinkle in the spices and stir gently to mix in.
- Pour cheesecake filling into crust. Place in the oven and bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until center is barely jiggly anymore. Carefully run a knife between the springform pan and cheesecake. Cool on a wire rack for two hours.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours before removing from springform pan and serving. Sprinkle some of the crust crumbs on top. Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks or in freezer up to 3 months.
All text and images © Staci Mergenthal • Random Sweets