I’d Like Some More of That Spaghetti Please: Baked Spaghetti Marinara with Tiny Pepperoni
When your teenage son asks for “more of that spaghetti please,” you know the recipe card should be treasured like a baby blanket in a cedar trunk.
In my life, that means it goes on my blog for safekeeping, at least until the Internet craze ends. The tiny pepperoni pieces are what really make this dish. They’d be good in a grilled cheese sandwich too, like a ham and Swiss melt or on my summer sausage salami cilantro pizza.
Baked Spaghetti Marinara with Tiny Pepperoni
It's like cheesy pepperoni pizza and zesty spaghetti all in one dish.
- 1 lb ground beef
- ¼ cup finely diced white onion
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 cloves garlic, or ½ teaspoon garlic powsder
- black pepper to taste
- 2 eggs, large, beaten
- ⅓ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 48 oz marinara sauce
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 4 oz pepperoni minis
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cook ground sirloin in medium frying pan with diced onion, onion salt, garlic and pepper until no longer pink. Stir in 1 cup mini pepperoni.
- Boil spaghetti noodles until al dente. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons pasta water.
- In a large bowl stir together eggs, Parmesan cheese and cooked spaghetti noodles.
- Spread thin layer of marinara in bottom of greased 13×9 pan. Top with spaghetti noodle mixture.
- In a bowl, stir together marinara and tomato sauce with reserved pasta water. Spread over noodles. Sprinkle cooked beef and pepperoni mixture onto sauce.
- Layer with mozzarella cheese and top with mini pepperoni.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes. Uncover and bake until cheese is golden and pepperoni is crispy around the edges, 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest 15 minutes. Slice. Serve. Refrigerate leftovers.
Calories: 455kcalCarbohydrates: 38gProtein: 25gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 10gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 1365mgPotassium: 702mgFiber: 4gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 958IUVitamin C: 11mgCalcium: 265mgIron: 3mg
All text and images © Staci Mergenthal • Random Sweets
Tried this recipe?Mention @RandomSweets and tag #OurSweetMidwestLife
Baked spaghetti’s a HUGE favorite at my house and I can certainly see why this one is a huge favorite at yours. Nice one, Staci. Thank you for sharing 🙂
Thank you, Jess. Do you have ingredients in yours that I don’t have? I was thinking Italian sausage might be good too.